EducationB.A. in German from Wheaton College
M.A. coursework in Germanic Studies from the University of Illinois at Chicago
ExperienceAs a full-time private German and English language trainer, from absolutely no prior knowledge of the language to advanced speakers, I can help you! My experience includes:
1. Independently and co-teaching 11 German classes, regular and intensive, from beginning to intermediate levels, at a large public university.
2. Independently teaching 2 German classes, regular and intensive, on the beginning level, at a mid-sized private college.
3. Independently teaching 2 German classes on a conversational level at a large community college.
4. Individualized corporate language training for executives and their families relocating to Germany through four language services providers.
5. Private corporate language training for German-owned American businesses.
6. Individualized and group German and ESL teaching, regular and intensive, for three international language centers.
7. One-on-one tutoring in German through a mid-sized private college.
8. One-on-one private tutoring in German for heritage speakers, children, business, and travel purposes.
A bit more about me: In addition to my extensive experience in German and English teaching, I am both bilingual and bicultural, having spent half of my life in Germany and half in the United States. My Bachelor's degree is in German, and I am a thesis away from a Master's degree in Germanic Studies. One of my greatest joys is teaching, and I thoroughly enjoy watching my students gain confidence in the target language during our time spent together.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.