Chicago, IL, 60625
Joined on September, 2012
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationNorth Park University graduate, May, 2012. Double major: Biology and History. GPA: 3.1
Experience- I work as a tutor for two different tutoring companies on the North Shore. Through these companies, I tutor high school students from various schools in the Chicagoland area, in a variety of subjects. I have also led study groups and tutored classmates one on one for many history and biology classes during my time at North Park University.
- ACT: Composite: 29/ Science: 27/ English: 29/ Reading: 35/ Math: 25
GRE: Composite: 1170/ Writing: 4.5
- I want to be a tutor because it is an opportunity to genuinely help other students. I enjoy it because I can use my previous experiences in a variety of subjects as a way of helping others learn.
- Every subject listed previously I have taken at the college level. With regards to biology and history, I have taken a variety of college level classes in those subjects. I have also been to various workshops and training seminars for both tutoring companies I am currently employed by.
- During my time at North Park University, I played for the varsity basketball team all five years there. While on the team, I served as team captain one of those years, as well as being on the athletic honor roll all five years, for keeping a GPA above 3.0 while playing a varsity sport. I was also a volunteer for the International Exchange Office. I worked with exchange students from many countries, helping them get acclimated with the school and city.
- I have experience studying abroad as well. I spent a semester at Karl Franzen University in Graz, Austria. While there, I enhanced my knowledge of the German language, learned to establish rapport quickly with individuals, and gained time management skills.
HobbiesBasketball, soccer, traveling, science, astronomy.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.